Welcome to our latest blog post, where we bring you a delightful recipe for marinated peppers (capsicum) and tomatoes infused with a touch of sweetness and spice. This recipe is perfect for the current season, as the ingredients are at their best and most affordable. These vibrant and fresh marinated vegetables will add a burst of flavour to your salads, sandwiches, appetisers, and cheese boards. Plus, they are incredibly easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three months. Let's dive into the recipe!
- 4 red peppers (choose one colour or a mix)
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Aged White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Spicy Chilli Garlic Oil Ivy’s Homemade
- 1-2 cloves of garlic peeled and minced.
- A sprig or two of fresh thyme
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Maldon’s Sea Salt Flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Oven-roasting method: Preheat your grill and set a rack in the top third of your oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil.
Place the peppers on the baking sheet and grill them until their skins are approximately 90% blackened. Flip them over and grill until they are 90% blackened on all sides.
- BBQ-roasting method: Preheat your BBQ grill on high heat for about 10 minutes. Lay the peppers on the hot griddle and allow them to cook undisturbed until the bottoms are about 90% blackened. Rotate the peppers and continue cooking until they are blackened on all sides.
- Place the roasted peppers in a bowl, cover it with Glad Wrap, and let them cool to room temperature.
- Cut Roma tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds using a sharp knife, skilfully slicing away the seeds from the flesh.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients - extra virgin olive oil, Aged White Balsamic Vinegar, honey, minced garlic, fresh thyme, chopped parsley, Sweet Spicy Chilli Garlic Oil Ivy’s Homemade, Maldon’s Sea Salt Flakes, and ground black pepper. Whisk everything together to create a wonderful vinaigrette.
- Once the roasted peppers have cooled, peel off their blackened skins, remove the stems and seeds, and slice or tear them into approximately 1-inch-thick strips.
- Add the pepper strips to the vinaigrette bowl and stir gently to ensure they are well coated.
- Transfer the marinated peppers and tomatoes into a jar or any airtight container. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Congratulations! You have successfully prepared one of my favourite dishes: delicious, marinated peppers and tomatoes infused with our Aged White Balsamic Vinegar and Ivy's Homemade Sweet and Spicy Garlic Chilli Oil. These versatile vegetables will elevate your culinary creations, adding a burst of flavour to various dishes. Feel free to experiment and enjoy them in salads, sandwiches, appetisers, or as a delightful addition to your cheese board. Don't hesitate to make a bigger batch, as these marinated goodies will surely become a favourite at your table. Enjoy the vibrant and irresistible flavours!
Note: Remember to refrigerate the marinated peppers and tomatoes and consume them within the recommended storage time for optimal taste and quality.